Saturday, February 3, 2007

Pain in the neck

I have discovered that living austerely can be a pain in the neck-literally.When I cleared out from my previous room I decided against carrying my old cot as it was beyond repair and literally in tatters.I did not buy any new cot/matress as I assumed that sleeping on a chatai couldn't be that tough.
I have been waking up each day to realize how wrong I was but this thursday matters really came to a head,when i woke up with a more than normal painful back and neck.
I tried some back and neck exercises in the office which went on to further aggravate it, so that by evening I was walking with my head tilted permanently, at an awkward angle and letting out an occassional whimper much to the surprise of my colleagues.
I am sure that the boy at the coffee counter thought I was making a pass at him when I asked him for coffee with my DevAnandesque pose..shucks!

Gotta buy a mattress this weekend now..wince

No comments: