Saturday, January 27, 2007

Settling Down

Its been a week since I moved into my new apartment and I have begun to notice the flaws, which were not apparent on first inspection.The bathroom is so tiny that my towel manages to rub me down even before I am done with the bath.My bathing soap sits precariously close to the detergent bar, so each day I am in constant danger of mistaking my Cinthol for my Rin bar.Apart from these dangers, the Domex bottle ,the bucket and the mug are locked in a battle to bump into me everytime i pay the bathroom a visit.

The room's plumbing system deserves mention in the Believe It or Not.The washbasin located in the hall discharges right into the bathroom which renders it practically useless,unless you are ok with a messy bathroom. Absence of a washbasin makes it particulary painful to shave as I have to balance a mug of water and my shaving stick with one had while the other hand uses the razor to scrape my face clean.

My room is on the topmost floor , above which is the terrace, in which a dog resides.This unexpected neighbour has already managed to chew the shoe of my roommate.

The mosquitoes here seem to have evolved into some super race.No mat,liquid or coil works with them and quite often they have made me wake up in the middle of the night,forcing me to read Hillary Clinton's Living History to put me back to sleep.

There are no hangouts nearby, the nearest Cafe Coffee Day being some 10 kms away.During the weekend exploration I located a mini market nearby, which was a relief as I was already reeling from the number of trips to civilization, that I had to make, to get my necessities.

All in all this place is so yawn.

No comments: