Saturday, February 17, 2007

Country roads take me home..

Not country roads, but it was the Indian Railways which finally took me home after a loooooong time. Whenever I return home after a long time i am always welcomed by gasps and wails of 'how thin I have become' , which is fine with me as long as Mom spreads out the most amazing dishes, over my stay, to fatten me up:-).
Ever since my sis moved out after her marriage I have had a room of my own to flop around in. As I had been away for quite some time the room had taken a civilized look and I busied myself making it inhabitable by strewing my luggage and clothes around.

I discovered that I had forgotten my shampoo back in Chennai, so I took the liberty of borrowing mom's 'juicy green apples' shampoo:D .For he next few days I will be smelling like a juicy green apple:)


It’s been less than 2 days at home now. Mom has prepared Shepherds pie, prawn pulao, chicken roll, vindaloo already and there are many more to go.

Television programs in Kerala continue to remain nutty. For breakfast I watched an educational program on a modern swine slaughter house somewhere in Kerala.The presenter spoke with such unbridled glee u would think that the assembly line was churning out surface to air missiles and not pig corpses.

Sumod, Priya and me went out for a chocolate buffet, an advertising gimmick by the hotel to encourage the habit of eating out in Trivandrum.Needless to say we over indulged ourselves and I cant bear to see chocolate for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

csy0182 said...

:) , guess I needn't get you chocolates when I get back ;)

jakethesnake said...

Buddy get me the chocs, I stopped hating them:)

Hitchhiker said...

Reminds me of the time at home...mom invariably cooks way too much for me. I wonder why all moms do that....it has me very puzzled.