Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Trip to Mumbai

Mom and me had been to Mumbai to attend a family function.It's been 10 years almost to the day since I last visited Mumbai and incidentally that time too it happened to be just Mum and me.
I had booked tickets on the Air Deccan flight to Mumbai after considerable planning to ensure that both mom and me would land around the same time.Unfortunately Air Deccan chose to play spoil sport and my flight was delayed by 5 hours. I finally landed at Mumbai at the unearthly hour of 2 am after a very cramped journey.
Spent the next hour at one of my uncle's place chatting with my mom's siblings before crashing.Next morning had to get up real early to get to church and by noon the ceremony was over.Mum and dad grew up in Mumbai and so there happen to be lot of relatives and friends, who are almost family.Times like this can be amusing for example when one pretty lady and me traced down the family tree and discovered that we were related; much to my dismay! ;)
Hectic day notwithstanding cousins and me managed to squeeze in a movie too and a cup of coffee at the Cafe Coffee Day by Carter Road which must have the highest density of awesome babes per square feet in India.I think I would have ended up with severe neck damage with all the eye candy on display @ CCD when cousins dragged me for the movie before I could become a further source of embarrassment.Movie was Cheeni Kum and revolved around a 64 year old cook Amitabh Bachan chasing a 34 year old software engineer Tabu.The movie had its 'eye rolling in incredulity' moments but qualifies to be a decent watch.
Had a smashing dinner at uncles place and chatted till late in the night.Next day woke up to a scare that my Indian Airlines flight back to Chennai could possibly be canceled due to a strike by the ground staff but thankfully the my flight was spared.Mom,me and mom's sis went exploring Mumbai visiting their childhood hangouts.We went to the Mount Mary's Church in Bandra and then a quick peep at Sharukh's and Salman's houses with a friendly and amused autowallah acting as our tour guide.Auntie chipped in with the the useful info that Salman was constructing a house near Abishek and Ash's new house :)
Next we made our way to another uncle's place in Vikhroli
for lunch.Uncle spun us around Hiranandani City and for a moment I felt i was in Europe.The place was that awesome!
Finally by evening I was back to the airport and on my flight back to Chennai.Too much stimulation in too little time!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I visited this Hiranandani place in front of IIT Bombay (Powai). And I agree, it's quite awesome.

There are some things you never discuss with pretty ladies jake ;)

jakethesnake said...

@vinay-ya man :(