Saturday, October 27, 2007

My World This Week

The last few days have been pretty eventful and heavy on the wallet. Last Thursday the silencer of my bike broke off from my bike somewhere on the route between the office and my home. That I realized it only much later, speaks volumes of my observation skills. Now your silencer breaking off does not disfigure your bike too much and it adds a very masculine vroom when you raise the throttle. However I thought it would be prudent to get it replaced soon. Unfortunately bajaj does not think that a silencer falling off is a common occurrence and I had to wait until the next Monday for the spares to come.

I had a treat to attend on Sunday evening. This place is called Rainforest. It is designed to resemble a rainforest. You are served on tables placed in cave like structures with a few fake animals surrounding them. There is even a very bored dude dressed like a chimp to keep the kids entertained. There is practically no lighting and the place is very cramped so you got to be careful that crumbs from your meal don’t fall into your neighbor’s plate. Picture the chicken lollipop from your plate landing into the curd rice of your neighboring Tam Brahmin’s plate and the resounding slap it would invite.

Well treat done, and its time to make a move and I discover that my helmet is missing. We hunted for half an hour with no success. I didn’t want to give up and finally my friends had to drag me out. You become kind of attached to your helmet when it costs 800 bucks.

The worst was yet to come. My bike broke down while returning home and I was stranded in the middle of nowhere at 12’o clock in the night. I finally spent the night with a friend who lived near enough to pick me up.

Monday-bike serviced and helmet bought-3000 bucks in all. Wednesday had to send an international courier-1000 bucks. On Thursday morning received a distress call from a friend. He had fallen down and had cut his tongue and chin. Had to drive 10 km in the rain while getting to his place and yet again when coming back home. Left with a cold now ACHTOOOOOOOOO :-)

1 comment:

Anurag said...

which bike do u have man...i guess rather than replacing spares...replace the bike :P

n u dont have to count the friend's rescue as an expense...it was probably ur ONLY good deed for weeks past n weeks to come :P :P